- The National Rifle Association of India is affiliated to International Shooting Sport Federation, Asian Shooting Confederation, Commonwealth Shooting Federation, South Asian Shooting Confederation and Indian Olympic Association.
- Shri Raninder Singh is the President and Shri D V Seetharama Rao is the Secretary General of National Rifle Association of India.
- In India it has shown a steady progress and there has been remarkable rise since 1994. Our shooters have won many medals in International Competitions such as Olympic Games, World Championship, Commonwealth and Asian Games/Championship.
- We have a network of 53 affiliated State Associations and Units. Regular competitions are being held at National, State, District and Club levels. Some of the Universities have recently given recognition to this sport. This will contribute in developing talent and encouraging the youth to take up Shooting as a career sport. We will then to able to pick up best talent from grass root level.
- There are two basic requirements for the promotion of this sport i.e. Availability of Shooting ranges and precision arms and ammunition. During the last few years many ranges have come up throughout the country. There are many international level shooting ranges in India. Ranges at Delhi, Pune, Trivandrum and Patiala (for shotgun events only) have the capacity to conduct any international competition. These ranges are equipped with latest version of Electronic Target System. The Government has relaxed import policy and now deserving marksmen (Renowned Shooters) can import Arms and ammunition of their event without paying Custom duty. No import license is now required for Air weapons and any individual can import these without payment of custom duty. These incentives will certainly attract many youngsters to take up shooting as a career sport. The process of acquiring the arm license has also been simplified and any aspiring shooter can apply for an arm license to acquire an arm to pursue his/her shooting. The renowned shooters can keep up to 10 weapons under the prescribed norms.